A well-toned body with smooth contours is often a sign of fitness achieved by a healthy diet and exercise. However, exercise cannot always achieve the desired results for people with loose, sagging skin and uneven contours. A body lift by the professionals at Arkansas Plastic Surgery can help. Aging, sun damage, pregnancy, and significant fluctuations in weight, as well as genetic factors, may contribute to poor tissue elasticity and can result in sagging of the abdomen, buttocks, thighs, and upper arms.
HOW THE SERVICE CAN HELP YOU
If you desire a firmer, more youthful looking body contour, then a surgical body lift may help achieve your goals. Arkansas Plastic Surgery’s board certified surgeons, Dr. David Bauer and Dr. Zachary Young, are happy to provide this procedure for patients seeking to meet these goals. It improves the shape and tone of the underlying tissue that supports fat and skin. Excess sagging fat and skin are removed to treat conditions caused by poor tissue elasticity. A body lift may include these areas:
- Abdominal area, locally or extending around the sides and into the lower back area
- Buttocks, that may be low, flat or shaped unevenly
- Groin that may sag into the inner thigh
- Thigh, including the inner, outer, posterior, or circumferentially
Good Candidates for Body Lift Surgery Are:
- Individuals with significant soft tissue looseness in one or multiple body areas
- Healthy individuals who do not have medical conditions that can impair healing or increase risk of surgery
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic goals for what body lift surgery can accomplish
- Individuals committed to leading a healthy lifestyle including proper nutrition and fitness
BODY LIFT FAQS
A body lift is a contouring cosmetic surgery procedure that removes excess skin and tissue to reshape disproportionate curves into a more natural position. It is often necessary after extensive weight loss that has left loose skin that sags or droops. Many times, it cannot be treated any other way. Both women and men, varying in age and circumstance, have opted for a body lift to enhance their appearance and boost their self-esteem. The following areas may be focused on in a body lift:
- Abdominal area – a circumferential incision extends around the sides and into the lower back area, treating hips, abdomen, and back
- Buttocks – an incision is made in the buttock crease to treat buttocks that may be flat, low, or shaped unevenly
- Groin – an incision may be made to the groin area to treat a sagging inner thigh
- Thigh – this includes the outer, inner, posterior, or circumferential parts of the thigh
As with any surgery, it will be a gradual process to return to your normal routine. This can take anywhere between two to four weeks, as it depends on the patient’s situation.
Yes, there may be scarring because incisions are made into the skin. Scars are normal and can be concealed with your common clothing items.
Results will be long-lasting, often for years and years, depending on your age and how well you take care of yourself. However, the normal aging process and gravity might affect your results over time, as is expected.
In most cases, insurance does not pay for any surgery or other medical treatment done strictly for cosmetic and appearance purposes.
You might be a strong candidate for a body lift if…
- You have significant soft tissue looseness or sagginess in one or multiple areas of your body.
- You do not have any medical conditions that will impair the healing process or increase the risk in surgery.
- You’re not a smoker.
- You have positive and realistic goals for the advantages, but also limitations, of body lifting surgery.
- You plan to continue a healthy lifestyle after the procedure.
The procedure itself will not involve any pain because you will be put under anesthesia. There will be pain and soreness for 2-3 weeks after the procedure, but it can be easily managed with pain medication.
The potential risk can include scarring, bleeding, delayed wound healing, infection, or asymmetry. If you have any specific apprehension, the skilled and friendly staff at Arkansas Plastic Surgery will address your concerns and help you understand all of the risks weighed with the advantages so you feel comfortable.
Weight fluctuation can dramatically alter the results of the body lift and may require additional surgery to correct it. For instance, excessive weight loss can result in sagging skin, while excessive weight gain can result in loss of the sculpted contour of the body. We suggest getting to a comfortable weight and holding it for at least six months before a procedure to observe if you can reasonably maintain that weight.
The cost varies greatly between patients, depending on the amount of excess skin, the areas being treated. We cannot guarantee a price over the Internet, but we will provide you with an estimate within your initial consultation!
WHY CHOOSE ARKANSAS PLASTIC SURGERY
It is important to choose an experienced plastic surgeon to perform your procedure. For over 20 years, Arkansas Plastic Surgery has served the central Arkansas region. You can trust us to provide you with the natural and long-lasting results you’re looking for. Begin your discussion today!