Is breast augmentation right for me?
It’s an important question, and one you should think carefully about.
If you are dissatisfied with your breast size, augmentation may be for you. Breast augmentation may:
- Increase fullness and projection of your breasts (especially in the upper pole)
- Improve the balance of your figure
- Enhance self-image and self-confidence
Breast augmentation is especially successful in restoring breast volume after volume loss due to pregnancy or weight reduction. Breast augmentation does not correct breast ptosis (sag or droop.) Correcting ptosis requires a lift (mastopexy.) A breast lift may be done in conjunction with an augmentation or require a separate procedure. Your plastic surgeon will assist you in making that decision.
Breast augmentation is a highly individualized procedure and you should do it for yourself, not for someone else or to try to fit any ideal image. Breast augmentation may be a good option for you if:
- You are healthy
- Your breasts are fully developed
- You feel your breasts are too small
- You are dissatisfied with your breasts losing volume due to age, pregnancy or weight loss
- Your breasts vary in size or shape
- Your breasts have not developed normally
Remember, realistic expectations are the key to success! Consider these things carefully, and talk to a trusted plastic surgeon to determine if breast augmentation is right for you.
Schedule a consultation at Arkansas Plastic Surgery today!